September 14, 1894 A group of men from the Township of Greenfield under the leadership of Pastor Henry Bergman met in an Episcopal church located at South 84th Street and West Lapham Street to organize a Lutheran congregation.
September 15, 1894 Formal incorporation of Jordan Evangelical Lutheran Church took place in a meeting held in the Episcopal church. This building and property were acquired by the founding fathers for their place of worship.
January 12, 1896 Professor Gilbert Thiele, a member of the faculty of the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Seminary, was called to serve the congregation in addition to his professorship.
July 22, 1905 Fire destroyed the church building. That same evening an emergency meeting was held at which time it was resolved to erect a new church building.
April 14, 1907 Dedication of the new church building took place in special services.
November 17, 1907 Installation services were held for Pastor Arnold Hoenecke who would be Jordan's first resident pastor.
June 11, 1911 A pipe organ was installed in the church.
January 14, 1922 Acquisition of property at South 77th Street and West National Avenue was begun with a view towards eventual relocation.
July 13, 1925 Pastor Arnold Hoenecke accepted a call to Muskegon, Michigan, following which Pastor Justus Ruege was called.
May 25, 1926 The congregation resolved to initiate a Christian day school and erect a building to accommodate the school on the property at South 77th Street and West National Avenue.
January 30, 1928 Twenty-three pupils in grades 1-4 met in the basement of the old church to form the first class of Jordan Lutheran School. Miss Alma Nommensen was the first teacher.
March 5, 1928 The class moved to its new quarters in the recently completed building on National Avenue. These facilities are the basement of our present church building.
August 1928 Mr. Siegbert Bergmann accepted the call as principal and teacher of the upper grades at Jordan Lutheran School.
1934 Mr. Leonard Stellwagen accepted the call to serve as principal of Jordan Lutheran School.
June 27, 1948 Pastor Justus Ruege accepted a call to David City, Nebraska, following which Pastor Edgar Knief was called.
February 19, 1950 Dedication services were held for the new church building located at South 77th Street and West National Avenue.
April 8, 1951 The pipe organ was finished and dedicated in the new church building.
1955 Mr. Paul Jungkuntz accepted the call to serve Jordan as principal.
January 1, 1957 Pastor Edgar Knief accepted a call to St. Paul, Minnesota, following which Pastor Frederic Gilbert was called.
1960 Stained glass windows were installed in the new church.
August 1968 Mr. Howard Maertz was called to serve Jordan Lutheran School as principal.
August 1971 Mr. Donald Gurgel accepted the call to serve Jordan Lutheran School as principal.
August 1973 Mr. David Zubke accepted Jordan's call to serve as principal.
August 1975 Mr. Elmer Baacke accepted the call to serve as Jordan Lutheran School's new principal.
1977 Pastor Frederic Gilbert retired from the public ministry.
September 25, 1977 Installation services were held for Pastor Dale R. Baumler, who accepted the call as Jordan's new minister.
November 17, 1985 The voters of Jordan voted to buy Johnson School at South 84th Street and West Beloit Road.
December 21, 1985 Jordan assumed ownership of the property at South 84th Street and West Beloit Road for a purchase price of $430,000. Start-up and loan costs pushed this figure to nearly $500,000.
September 1994 A Festival Service celebrated the 100th anniversary of the formation of Jordan congregation. Rev. Karl Gurgel, president of our synod, was the guest speaker. The service was followed by a dinner attended by about 300.
August 2000 Jordan voted to sell the school property on South 84th Street and Beloit Road.
August 2001 Jordan merged schools with Woodlawn and became Lamb of God Lutheran School.
June 2002 A groundbreaking ceremony was held for the new addition on Lamb of God Lutheran School property.
August 2003 Senior vicar, David Endorf, serves Jordan for one year.
July 18, 2004 Pastor John H. Meyer VI, a graduate from Wisconsin Lutheran Seminary, is installed as Jordan's associate pastor.
May 2006 Pastor John Meyer resigns from the public ministry. Pastor Baumler retires from the public ministry.
Dec 2006 Installation services were held for Pastor Mark Aufdemberge who accepted the call for Jordan's new minister.